Today we have Mr. & Mrs. WOW from the quirky and fun pf blog, Waffles on Wednesday.
Here is where they talk about everything from saving for retirement, awesome trips they’ve taken and sharing a piece of their story with the world!
[2:14] So, first- the name. where did you think of it?
· Tons of families sit on the weekend and make a breakfast
· They decided on the name as they would love to be able to have Waffles on Wednesday
· This has become a thing in the PF community- people tweet them pictures J
[5:41] You recently went to South Africa! What did you think of it?
· Quite an experience
· Got caught off-guard a lot
· Similar to SF in quite a few respects
· Recent history was quite intense
[14:21] What is your plan to finding financial independence?
· FIRE bloggers that never had a set retirement/FIRE date
· Made small changes to savings and spending
· Being super passionate about careers change your perspective, Mrs. WOW loves what she does
[19:3] Do you have a favorite post you have written? Why?
· Article they collaborated on- took a rap song and made it FIRE
· Was created for themselves not the readers
[22:40] If you could go back and tell your younger self something- what would it be?
· Mr. WOW- Before discovering FIRE- would have started earlier, also bought an expensive car.
· Mrs. WOW- Pay attention to not assuming “Everything will be ok” – tracking expenses are so important.
[28:27] Value Link Round- If you have any student loan debt head over to chainofwealth.com/credible to get $200 off your loans if you refinance with them
Value Link Round (VLR)
[28:55] Why do you think people struggle to achieve their dream?
· Mr. WOW- People struggle to detach the current state to the future state
· Mrs. WOW- People don’t believe in themselves
[32:10] Do you have any favorite books or podcasts?
· Podcast: Countdown to FI
· Podcast: Mr. Groovy’s
[34:47] Do you have a favorite quote?
· When you are in a hole stop digging
· The best time to plant a tree is 10 year ago and the second best time is today
[34:19] Any last advice?
· Great waffle recipe on the website
· Personal finance is personal – find what works for you