Billy is probably the most unique guest that we have had the pleasure of interviewing. His story starts at a party in college that lands him in prison for 10 years. Flash forward to now, Billy has a blog called Wealth Well Done, a book- SPARK, owns property, is married to a beautiful wife and has a net worth of over a quarter of a million dollars.
[1:51] Tell us about that day you got arrested.
· 21 years old- was a regular day
· His friend was dead- thought it was a bad dream
· Sentenced to 10 years in prison
[5:50] You didn’t waste away while serving your time; you really made it count. What sort of things did you do while you were serving your sentence?
· First 2 years- trying to survive
· Disgusted with self
· Worked to become a person he was proud of
· Knew he was better than this
[12:20] After you got out of prison, what did you do?
· Made soup and a sandwich- so liberating!
· Saw Friends/ family
· Started making goals
[23:3] You have started a blog called wealth well done. What is your goal for starting this blog?
· Looking for the purpose of life
· Loves to write
· Wealthiest people are filled with drive and passion
[27:19] One of your posts on Crypto really caught my eye. It was about how crypto reminds you of heroin. How so?
· Extreme highs and extreme lows
[32:25] What are your plans for the future?
· To have financial independence
· Was created for something
Value Link Round (VLR)
[34:54] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· So few people have patience
· A lot of people choose the wrong dream
· Make bad financial decisions
[38:12] What other books or podcasts do you recommend?
· Read books from people you want to be like
[39:25] Do you have a favorite quote?
· The best thing about telling the truth, is you never have to remember what you say.
[41:45] What is the best advice someone has given to you?
· Nope- I think I’ve said everything
· The biggest step towards wealth and happiness is often forgiving ourselves of our greatest mistakes.