Damion Lupo is a best- selling author in personal finance and money thinking. He is the host of the Transformation Nation podcast and had owned over 30 companies.
Damion outrightly rejects regret and speaks to it as the ultimate life failure. He has a
unique approach to living a full-filled life by breaking rules and making more mistakes,
faster, than the competition.
In 2008 he lost the entire $20 million but recreated his wealth and reinvented his life
over 4 transformational years.
[3:45] So first, you lost a $20 million company? What happened?
· Everything I was, was my checkbook
· Very dangerous mindset
· Found something more than money
[6:48] So if you could go back in time, what would you tell a younger version of yourself?
· Kept an older mentor
· Wish I would have listened to others
[10:24] What skills and tools do I need to be a great investor?
· Real money
· Don’t paper trade in the stock market or in crypto
[14:2] What are the top 3 things you learned from starting more than 30 businesses?
· Things take longer than we think it will
· Not having enough money to survive
· You have to sell something
[16:30] You hate the word retirement. What are your feelings about this?
· Focus more on experiences, less on things
· Retire into your career
· People die quickly after retirement most of the time
Katie created this online course to teach you how to maximize your Airbnb profile.
If you’re enjoying this podcast, don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Value Link Round
[23:25] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· They play not to lose instead of playing to win
· Afraid of being judged.
[24:48] What other books or podcasts do you recommend?
· Podcast: Rich Dad
· Books: Mastery, Principals, The One Thing
[26:7] What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
· Stop and smell the roses. Life goes fast
[26:51] What is your favorite quote?
· Mistakes are never a failure they are an opportunity from the universe from God to grow and if you embrace them, your life will truly be exceptional