Kathlyn Hart is a negotiation coach and spent years slaving away at her job, hardly able to make rent, let alone make her dream of quitting her job to travel the world a reality.
It wasn’t until she understood, mastered, and mustered the courage to negotiate her salary that she was able to double her income, save over $16,000, and swap out that commute for the open road.
[2:45] So Kathlyn, if you could be a superhero, who would you be?
· Wonder Woman
[3:26] Tell us the story of the first time you asked for your raise- what was the outcome?
· The first time I didn’t ask for a raise
· First job- didn’t negotiate
· Doubled the offer after 2 years
[9:25] Chain of Wealth – Tired of not knowing how to handle money?
Look no further for our free money course! Head over to chainofwealth.com and sign up today.
If you’re enjoying this podcast, don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Value Link Round (VLR)
[9:53] Why do you think people fail at achieving their dreams?
· People often feel they are failing because they aren’t trying
· Some never start
· Their idea of success is different- need small wins
[13:18] What other books and podcasts do you recommend?
· Books: think and grow rich, Awaken the giant within, 7 habits of highly effective people
· Podcast: the big leap show, awesome with Alison, courage and clarity
[14:40] Do you have a favorite quote?
· You get in life what you have the courage to ask for
[15:28] How can people get in touch with you?
[15:57] Any last advice?
· Just keep filling your head with empowering messages
[17:2] Bonus behind the scenes conversation: I talked to Kathlyn about how professionals like teachers can negotiate their salary